Injection Moulding Machinery – from 25 tonne to 5500 tonne clamp force – Hydraulic, Hybrid, Fully Electric, Automation …. all from a single source.
Click on the machine series below to view full details –
ENGEL Tie-bar-less machines for universal applications
Available in three series – ENGEL victory spex, ENGEL victory tech and ENGEL victory combi – the tie-bar-less ENGEL victory is the ideal modular system for cost-effective injection moulding production. In 2009, tie-bar-less technology marked its 20th anniversary: two decades of the technology has supplied 55,000 machines to 10,000 satisfied customers.
Production with machines which are one or two clamping force classes smaller
The tie-bar-less ENGEL victory covers the clamping force range from 280 to 5000 kN. In fact, the range of applications is considerably broader, as the moulded part to be produced is not limited by the clamping force but by the platen size. Large mould fixing platens and the wide delivery chute of the ENGEL victory guarantee low machine investments, because with the ENGEL victory a machine with a lower clamping force will do the job just as well. Particularly when using large and bulky moulds, substantially lower investments are required for machines.
Thanks to the advantages of tie-bar-less technology, the ENGEL victory is the ideal machine for technical and thick-section parts.
Scope for greater machine accessibility
Tie-bar-less technology means unbeatable mould dimensions. The barrier-free mould area can accommodate large moulds easily, even with bulky core-pulls. Generously dimensioned mould fixing platens can be utilised to their limits (and often beyond) and even tall moulds can be changed quickly. The robust, low friction design also reduces maintenance costs. ENGEL’s patented Flex-Link system and the standard platen parallelism setting ensure maximum platen parallelism whilst minimising mould wear.
There are also benefits in terms of automation. Robots and automation equipment have free access to the mould area, which means parts can be removed faster. Between them, the machine and the robots only have small footprints; they are even able to operate efficiently in low-ceilinged halls.
Energy saving with tie bar-less benefits
Hybrid machine with hydraulic, tie bar-less clamping unit and electrical injection unit.
The universal machine in the small to mid-sized machine range, between 280 and 2,200 kN with hybrid drive concept as a combination of the tried-and-trusted ENGEL victory clamping unit with the ENGEL e-motion series injection units. The ENGEL e-victory is deployed wherever compatibility with an existing range of moulds, efficient mould changing and easy automation are required.
The ENGEL e-victory is the best machine for energy-saving production
- using moulds with hydraulic core-pulls and/or hot runner nozzles
- using hydraulic high speed mounting systems
- and it leverages the precision offered by an electric injection unit
- while at the same time benefiting from ENGEL’s tie bar-less technology
The Machine Concept
The ENGEL e-victory range is characterised by a high-precision, servo-electrical injection unit and a tie bar-less, hydraulic clamping unit. All hydraulic movements are powered by the new ecodrive drive unit*. Of course, the e-victory offers all the benefits of the ENGEL victory range. That means: excellent platen parallelism thanks to the patented Flex-Link, CC200 control unit with an intuitively designed touch-screen, and all the benefits of the tie bar-less design. That means: plenty of space for the mould and automation components. (* as of 1,300 kN on request)
Thanks to the large selection of serial options, the ENGEL e-victory represents a combination of maximum precision and efficiency in plasticising and injection and the most economical, tie bar-less clamping system.
The solid frame construction with balanced power flows is easily maintained thanks to the small number of moving parts. The use of ecodrive offers the benefits of low heat impact thus keeping heat-related air turbulence to a minimum. This makes the machine perfect for cleanroom applications.
Powerful machines for big parts
Large-capacity injection moulding machines with clamping forces of over 3500 kN have been an important part of the ENGEL range of machines for over 40 years. No matter whether their clamping units operate with toggle clamps or hydraulic pressure pads, ENGEL machines have always been of optimum service to manufacturers of large injection moulded parts. The current duo series, featuring a two-platen design, continues in this tradition and sets new standards in flexibility and performance.
- Comprehensive range with eleven sizes from ENGEL duo 350 to ENGEL duo 5500
- minimum footprint thanks to two-platen, compact clamping unit
- Cycle time reduction made possible by two diagonally positioned high-speed cylinders featuring fast locking split nuts and rapid pressure build up time
- High-level of operating safety and excellent part quality thanks to stable platen control, precise platen parallelism, and sensitive mould protection
- Power-saving drive units, two-platen clamping units with optimized design and improved performance are the special features that characterise the third generation models.
Electric Injection – the efficient way to manufacture precision components
Lighter, more precise, faster, more constant and also smaller. The requirements of modern products and their individual parts will always be selective. These requirements demand new technical possibilities. In plastic injection moulding this means: Highest consistency and precision or the best energy efficiency with low emissions. The full electric drive technology in the ENGEL e-motion range offers exactly these advantages.
Electric injection moulding machines are the modern alternative to hydraulically driven machines. For 10 years they have been a fixed component of ENGEL’s delivery program. The servo motor drive technology offers an extraordinary precision level with low energy consumption – and thus opens an until now unexplored business potential.
Highest Energy Efficiency and Top-Precision:
- Universal operation for the smallest shot weights, for standard and also high speed parts. High constant process and less energy consumption with the smallest emissions
- Minimum idle time due to parallel operation of individual Electric drives. Thus the shortest possible cycle times, high efficiency and as a result the lowest possible energy consumption
- In combination with modular application technology – ENGEL x-melt makes the ENGEL e-motion high precision accumulator machine for smallest short weights and the smallest wall thicknesses.
- Simplest operation through intuitively logical, graphically visualised operator interface of the ENGEL CC 200 machine control
ENGEL e-mac. A machine that achieves even more for you
A machine that combines great performance with amazing precision. All electric. A machine that offers you a huge amount of freedom. Freedom enough to design your individual injection moulding applications with the required degree of flexibility.
The innovative ENGEL e-mac does not use up too much of your floor space despite offering excellent performance. It is a machine that is extremely frugal. In ongoing operations, because it uses very little energy. But above all in terms of capital outlay: keyword: unbeatably inexpensive purchasing price.
The ENGEL e-mac is an energy saving champion.
Thanks to all electric drive technology and best of class efficiency. And thanks to a number of further energy saving solutions, such as intelligent energy recuperation. This recuperates energy generated by braking movements and feeds it directly back into the power grid.
The machine‘s impressive energy efficiency translates into cash savings for you. Shot for shot. This helps you keep your ongoing operative costs down to an amazingly low level. This is the intelligent way to save. This is: the ENGEL e-mac.
Engineered for the future!
Precise, compact and economical
We had a vision. A machine – compact like no other, equipped with state-of-the-art technology and with every single detail optimised for maximum performance, to guarantee our customers a machine that is as economical as it is precise. This was how the e-max came to be:
- maximum precision – 100% ENGEL
- maximum quality – made to stringent standards
- compact to the max – optimal performance on a small footprint
The new e-max is a genuine ENGEL
Innovative like any other ENGEL machine. But with a difference. Fully-electric and compact, extremely economical, but still equipped with the critical options that help customers optimise injection moulding.
Highlights of e-max technology:
- performance, precision and exceptional energy efficiency
- excellent performance on a small footprint
- low downtime thanks to highly-integrated control and drive technologies
- versatile options ensure optimum customisation for any application
- high-performance injection units with peak pressures of up to 2800 bar and up to 450 mm/sec. injection speed
- excellent performance in terms of productivity, process stability and energy efficiency
- electric machines by ENGEL are a more economical option in many applications
- electric machines are the next generation technology
We think about your future!
Superior technology – superior value. ENGEL e-max. This means state-of-the-art technology. Fully electric – that means low power consumption, maximum precision, fast, highly dynamic and low noise.
ENGEL e-cap. The new fully electric machine series for caps
From 100 to 420 tons clamping force.
Under 3 seconds. Fully electric!
- Complete fully electric machine series for caps
- Ultra-short cycle times – under 3 seconds
- Maximum output for maximum productivity – 115,000 caps and more per hour. Thanks to the new premium quality, high-performance injection unit, improved ejector force and a rapid clamping drive
- Maximum process stability for a maximum good part count
- Considerable reduction of operating costs thanks to best-in-class energy efficiency, minimal cooling water consumption and maximum technical availability
- High-performance plasticising unit for HDPE and PP processing
- System competency thanks to strong, global partnerships for moulds and peripheral units
Premium performance for maximum output
With its the speed series, ENGEL continues its tradition of toggle clamp technology in line with state-of-the-art developments. Systematic re-engineering in conjunction with an efficient hydraulic drive system are the essential basis of this series of high-performance injection moulding machines.
- Toggle style clamping mechanism: Fast – smooth – robust
- “Wide platen“ option for optimized clamping force even for high cavitation moulds
- Short overall cycle times thanks to fast dry cycle times of 1.2 to 1.7 seconds, fast injection speed (up to 1000 mm / s) and parallel motion
- Machine system geared for high-performance and durability: Stable base frame / modular system components / tried-and-trusted high-performance hydraulics / maintenance-free ultrasonic sensors
- Complete system range with four sizes
Placing and positioning inserts in the mould
The in-mould assembly of plastic parts with components (inserts) manufactured from other materials is an important aspect of industrial production. Injection moulding machines with vertical clamping units not only eases the automation of difficult parts handling operations but also creates the prerequisites for automatic in-mould component assembly.
ENGEL insert – The right machine combination for every insert
- Sixty years of experience in the design and construction of vertical machines
- Comprehensive modular system for every conceivable application
- Service-proven standard structural units are the mark of ENGEL quality – on special machines
- Additional specifications and new machine combinations are also possible – please inquire
- All products from one supplier: automation components and injection moulds complete the range of equipment offered by ENGEL
Team work is so often the key to success. This applies not just to co-operation between human beings but also to the interaction of different materials. metal and plastic composites are often of great importance to the optimum performance of technical components and equipment. Their quantity and complexity increase with every new generation of equipment. The same applies to plug/cable combinations. Sensors are increasingly important components in this technology. With its series of insert machines, ENGEL can supply the right combination for all applications.
ENGEL offers a full range of versatile machines for flexible applications
Elastomers for perfect product properties
Plastics are made-to-measure materials. Thermoplastics are all-rounders for a wide range of applications, while elastomers are the specialists. Such specific properties as extreme flexibility, a prerequisite for sealing, soundproofing and shockabsorbing functions, open up a whole new world of possibilities for the design and development of innovative products.
No matter whether the elastomers are of the thermosetting or thermoplastic type, ENGEL offers just the right machine and processing technology – ENGEL elast and ENGEL LIM, two series of injection moulding machines for flexible materials.
For over 40 years, ENGEL has been offering a comprehensive range of machines specially designed for the processing of thermosetting elastomers (rubber compounds)
The ENGEL elast series
- Homogeneous plasticizing guaranteed by the working principle of FIFO injection units
- Extremely high injection pressures guaranteed by short injection nozzle and direct injection into mould.
- Multi-zone heating platens guarantee extremely reliable processing and high quality moulded parts
- Optimum rigidity
- High speed closing cylinders and the rapid achievement of set clamp tonnage ensures fast cycle times
- Fully integrated control concept for machine, robot and automation peripherals guarantees reduced complexity and simplified production cell operation
ENGEL offers a full range of versatile machines for flexible applications
The ENGEL LIM series of machines for the processing of liquid silicone rubber is based on the ENGEL victory series of small and medium-sized machines equipped with tiebarless clamping units. This modular, service-proven technology platform is combined with special-purpose LIM injection units and LSR feeding and metering systems.
Three different injection unit systems are available, depending on the actual application: the screw unit for wide, universal application, the plunger unit for the processing of highly filled LSR and the double plunger unit for large shot volumes of up to 6,000 cm3.
The ENGEL LIM-machine range:
- The technology platform for all ENGEL LIM-machines is the proven ENGEL victory-machine line with tiebarless clamping unit, available from 300 to 6000 kN clamp force
- Suitable injection units available for all applications:
– Screw unit for high viscosity LSR types
– Plunger unit for high reactive, high filled LSR types
– Double plunger unit for large shot volumes
- Special to material designed mixing- and dosing systems
- Technology support available from Engel application technology centre and mould-making