Dome Blowing Unit – The 650A Dome Blower allows the blowing of consistent domes in a production setting
- The machine can produce domes from 150mm to 700mm in diameter
- One ring size and baseplate set is provided with each machine
- Matching laser-cut steel base plate and ring assembly being required for each size
- Material to be blown is initially heated in a suitable oven, to its forming temperature
- Heated material is manually transferred to the 650A and clamped in place
The Start button is pressed and the machine blows the material to a pre-set height. Once at this height, a sensor that can see both coloured and clear domes switches off the incoming air. As the air inside the dome is warmed by the hot material it expands, and the automatic cycle relieves the excess air ensuring that dome heights remain consistent. Once cooled, the retained pressure under the dome is released and it can be un-clamped and removed.